Share this Page
to our Big Give Christmas Challenge Supporters
You did it!
You have helped us raise £25,000 to reduce loneliness and social isolation faced by people with learning disabilities in Nottinghamshire. In just seven days!
Thanks to supporters like you, people with learning disabilities will have new opportunities to build confidence, self-esteem, positive friendships, have fun and take part in community life. All these things are proven to make a difference to physical and emotional wellbeing – so your donation will have a long-term impact.
And by opting to donate via the Big Give Christmas Challenge your donation was doubled and so had double the impact too.
If you would like to receive regular updates about our work and fundraising news please visit our Keeping in Touch page.
Thank you again for your support – it has helped make a genuine difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities in Nottinghamshire.
- Anita – client at Reach Newark & Flower Pod
- Tom – client at Reach Southwell & Flower Pod
- Brian – client at Reach Mansfield
On Wednesdays, Anita attends Reach Newark for a ‘Cook and Eat’ course. As well as learning vital food preparation skills, participants can enjoy a social meal together.
Fridays for Anita are all about the Newark Women’s Group which offers the chance to try different community facilities and practise skills with the support of volunteers in a non-judgemental environment.
Anita says she felt very shy when she first came to Reach, but that “volunteers helped me to get out of my shell. When I did a taster session the volunteers gave me a big welcome.”
Anita thinks that one of the best things about coming to Reach is having “great fun and laughter – people saying funny things”. She has also enjoyed going bowling and is looking forward to going with Reach friends to see the panto at Newark Palace Theatre.
“At Reach I see my friends and we all learn about getting on with people.”Helen, Reach client
We are holding ‘Open Days’ at our Southwell, Newark and Mansfield centres during Christmas Challenge week and offering on-line donation booths for supporters without on-line access. Our Southwell centre will also be open during Southwell’s Late Night Shopping on 30th November. Full details on our events calendar or this leaflet.
Big Give information
- We are aiming to raise £25,000 in one week towards learning and social activities for people with learning disabilities undertaken at Reach centres in Mansfield, Newark and Southwell.
- On-line donations on our Big Give Christmas Challenge page will be matched pound for pound from our ‘matched funding pot’ until the ‘pot’ is exhausted.So for example£10 from you + £10 from our Big Give matched funding pot = £20
- Please note donations can only be doubled between midday on 28th November to midday on 5th December and only via the Big Give Christmas Challenge portal – not the Reach website.
- The Big Give Christmas Challenge is a national matched funding campaign. More info at www.thebiggive.org.uk