9th December 2018 - Sconce & Devon Park, Newark
This year we are hosting our first Santa Run, taking place on 9th December at Sconce and Devon Park, Newark. This is a family friendly event. Participants can walk, jog or run the 2 km course, which winds around the Beautiful Sconce Park. All runners will receive a free Santa suit, mince pie and a medal.
This is a fundraising event for Reach Learning Disability and all we ask is that you raise a minimum of £10 in sponsorship per person to help us raise all we can from this fantastic, fun filled event. To make raising sponsorship easy we have set up a Just Giving page linked to the event. Simply go here to donate to our campaign page , or here to create your own sponsor page. Alternatively, click here to download and print out a sponsorship form.
We encourage you to accessorise your outfits as there will be prizes for the best fancy dress in 3 categories - best fancy dress child, best fancy dress adult and best fancy dress dog. Places for this event will be limited so book soon to avoid disappointment.
Early Bird Prices (up to 27th September at 11pm)
Children (15 and under) £5.00, Adult £10.00
Standard Prices (from 28th September)
Children (15 and under) £6.50, Adult £12.00
- Well behaved dogs are welcome, but only on short leads (no extendable leads please)
- The run will start at 11am, registration will be open from 10am, situated on the top field (closest to Rumbles Cafe)
- The park is still open to the public, so please be aware of other park users
- Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult participant
- Please make sure your children are close by while taking part
- Santa Suit sizes come in three generic sizes:
Adult size (aged 14+)
Youth size (aged 9-14)
Child size (ages 5-8)
We will provide an Adult size for each Adult ticket and a Child size for each Child ticket, unless you tell us that you would prefer different sizes. Please use the Additional Comments box at the bottom of the form below to tell us your requirements; alternatively, please call Sarah on 01636 819066.
- Santa suits to be collected from Reach Newark or Southwell in advance of the event or from Registration on the day.
- No specific changing facilities are provided (other than toilets), however the Santa suits should go over your winter clothing
- Start and Santa suit collection/ registration will be situated on the top field (closest to Rumbles Café)
- There are two car parks situated within the park: one on Boundary Road and one on Valley Prospect in front of the Tom Mann Pavillion
- Please wear suitable clothing and footwear. Due to the time of year, surfaces underfoot may be wet and muddy in sections.
- Sponsor money can be bought to registration on the day or dropped off to Reach Newark or Reach Southwell up to 15th January 2019.
- We are unable to offer a baggage storage area for this event. If you wish to leave valuables such as car keys securely while you run, we ask that you put these in a see through envelope, clearly marked with your name and runner number. We will be able to hold these at registration for you.
Please click here to view our Privacy Notice.