All part of life…
Reach Southwell is very much part of the local community. This means we can offer our clients lots of opportunity to get involved in local life and to feel more connected to society.
We can offer:
- Courses including Media Fun, Fun and Fitness, Art and Singing.
- Women’s Groups on Monday and Friday
- Men’s cookery on Wednesday evening
- Young people’s social on Monday evenings
- Friday night social
- Weekly Massage and Reflexology therapy for adults with learning disabilities and their family carers.
- One-to-one life skills sessions led by trained and experienced volunteers.
Being part of local life means that we can support our clients to get involved in local events – for example Reach Southwell clients have participated in the Lantern Walk, archaeological digs and other community events in recent years.
We can also offer supported volunteering opportunities for clients wishing to prepare for the next steps towards independence and active citizenship.
Southwell Centre Manager
Hello, I’m Beverley – I’m Centre Manager for Southwell. In my work as a nurse, I saw how important it is for people to feel connected to their community and to other people. I am committed to finding ways to support each client as an individual with the potential to live their life as a fully rounded person and more able to make informed choices.
Hello, I’m Liz the Administration Manager. I will often be the first person you will come into contact with at Reach. I will be able to answer many of your questions or put you in touch with the right person.
Please note the timetable is subject to change and there is a waiting list for some sessions.